Application & Admission Process
Admission to the NEOTI Certificate in Online Teaching program is decided based upon the following criteria:
- Academic preparation in meeting VT education quality standards
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for the integration of technology into the candidate’s teaching practice
- Desire to be an innovative educator
- Strong existing technical skills or demonstrated ability to learn and adapt
- Strong electronic communication skills
NEOTI accepts applications for admission all year long. Each participant is given up to 12 months to complete the program, but typical completion time is between 8 and 10 months. The application process is outlined below. The process begins by completing an Interest Inquiry form. NEOTI will send you an CiOT Application Packet. A complete packet will include: application, copies of transcripts for any degrees earned, copy of current educator license(s), non-refundable application fee ($40), letter of recommendation, and Philosophical Statement.
Request the CiOT Application Packet by completing the Interest Inquiry form.
Return your complete, original Application Packet to NEOTI four weeks prior to your desired start date.
Meet with the Program Administrator in person or remotely to discuss your application.
Based on the admissions committee’s review, there are three possible decisions:
- Admitted with conditions (ie incomplete application package, pending primary teacher license, applicant does not currently demonstrate competency with technical skills)
- Denied admissions
If you are accepted into the Certificate in Online Teaching program, you will be required to complete: a funding declaration, a non-disclosure statement, a drop policy statement, and a media release form.
If you will be seeking graduate credits you’ll need to complete Marlboro’s graduate credit form. In order to enroll for Online Teaching with Practicum you must pass a complete background check including a criminal record check which may include fingerprints. You can complete the background check at any point up to a month before the OTP class begins.
How to Apply
You may request the CiOT Application Packet by completing the Interest Inquiry form.